Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Its....WEIGH MYSELF WEDNESDAY!!!

GOOD MORNING!!

Today is another......



When I started my diet LIFE STYLE CHANGE 
I weighed in at 231.6 
{Excuse me while I puke...}

This morning…
Drum roll please
……………………….

219.0
That is a 12.6 pound loss!!!

I can’t believe I am actually doing it.

Usually by now, I would have given up.

But I am so determined.

ALSO, the Hubbs is doing great as well!

{he’s not really looking to lose 
a certain amount of weight he just
wants his high school football bod back}

Now I need to take a second to talk about Hubbs.
Oh how I am grateful for him. 
Before I started this whole thing, I told him, 

“Last time, this diet, weight loss thing didn’t work because we had too much junk in the house, and I would watch you eat potato chips, 
drink Pepsi so I just gave up." 

I figured, if he didn’t care about me getting to my goal then  
why the hell am I even trying? 

So we had a long talk before the New Year so that we were on the same page. Now when I look in our fridge I think, 
“What in the…? Who are you people and what have you done with Tyler and Jaimie?” 

But I can’t be happier about it! 
We have fruits, salads, NO 24 packs of soda, unthawing chicken? 
And let me just tell you, yesterday, when we were shopping, 
Hubbs wanted to replace regular milk with soy milk! 

WE HAVE SOY MILK IN OUR FRIDGE!! 

We are doing it people. 
And I am so grateful that I am not going at it alone.
I am so happy for both of us

I love my Hubbs and I am really thankful 
that he is helping me so much. 

So we’re standing in the kitchen the other day when I was 
having a rough time, all I could do was cry.
 All I wanted was a #1 w/cheese, 
plain, with a biggie Dr. Pepper.

   Why does this have to be such a struggle for me? 
WHY AM I SO ADDICTED TO THE 
FOODS THAT ARE SO BAD FOR ME? 
Why can’t I just SUCK IT UP and get on with it?

Hubbs wipes my tears away,
gives me the biggest bear hug, 
and tells me....
“You can do it, I know you can. 
We can do it together. I am here for you.” 

My heart melted. 

Even though sometimes he doesn’t know, 
he motivates me, everysingleday.

Okay okay, I’m done with the mushy stuff

Lol.

I want to share with you a DELICIOUS recipe that 
I always eat on my diet LIFE STYLE CHANGE.
Thanks to my friend Chazney!

Do you LOVE chicken nuggets? 
Because I sure do! 
Here is a healthy alternative!

Pre-heat Oven to 400

Cube boneless chicken breast to
desired size and set aside.

Take saltine crackers and
crush in Ziploc bag.
{I use 4. That is my allowed amount
 and covers my allowed amount of chicken!}

Add desired DRIED seasonings
{I use, garlic salt, season all, and
mustard powder}

Add Chicken to bag and shake like it’s nobody’s business. 

When the chicken is covered, put on a baking sheet. 

Pop into oven until cooked.  
{my oven is from the 19 century and cooks really fast, so I can’t ever tell people how long to cook things in the oven because my oven is on roids}

{Also, this could be used for whole chicken breasts, or even pork chops!}

When they are finished, try it. 
You will LOVE THEM!! 
Serve with vegetables! 
I think they would be perfect for a Super Bowl treat! 
Or if your little one likes chicken nuggets,
give them the healthier alternative!

I hope you like this recipe, 
because I use it ALL THE TIME!!


small signature

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome Jamie!! YOu are defiantly inspiring me to get to my goal weight!! Are you exercising as well or just eating healthier?
    Oh and I read these posts over the weekend, though i'd share. It's always nice to hear other people have accomplished what we are trying to do!!

    http://selectivepotential.blogspot.com/2009/12/new-years-dieting-post.html

    http://selectivepotential.blogspot.com/2011/01/q-diet-talk.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Jaimie! I love the mushy stuff :) its always easier when you don't have to go it alone! Yay tyler, and yay for your awesome recipe!

    ReplyDelete