Sunday, February 5, 2012

Back in the Saddle AGAIN.

So as you can tell, someone (NOT ME lol) hasn't been writing on her blog.
CURSE YOU. But here I sit, on the eve of a pretty big day, wanting to share with you, a little bit of what's been going on.

So since my last post, a TON has happened. The biggest thing though, is being UNEMPLOYED. Yeah, let me tell you how much that sucks. It's probably been the hardest 5 months ever.

But here I am, sitting on my couch staring at the clock. I have 10 hours until I have to be at orientation for my new job. Yep, you heard that right, NEW JOB. YAY. I doubt that I will be sleeping at all tonight. First of all I don't sleep much anyway, but when I am nervous or excited, sleep is almost nonexistent.

So since I have been jobless for so long, it got me thinking about my weight again. (Not again, I actually think about it quite often. Every time I see myself in the mirror, I die a little inside lol) I was thinking about if I had dedicated myself right when I was laid off, I would totally be at my goal weight, or close to it. IDIOT. So, I decided that once I get on a schedule with work, (I work right by the gym) and all that stuff, I will start with a diet and exercise regimen.
AND ACTUALLY STICK WITH IT THIS TIME....

And I know I have stated this numerous times, but this time, I AM NOT GIVING UP. I will have a job that will support my healthy eating, possibly a membership to Weight Watchers. (Haha, after seeing Jennifer Hudson, I get really jealous.) But I've been thinking, I am 24 now, and I am not getting any younger. I want to start a family, and the next step for me is to lose weight and see if that will help. If not, we will take another course of action. But I am ready to take this step, stick to it, and continue living a healthy lifestyle and STICKING TO IT.

Thanks to PINTEREST (lol) I have been getting really inspired. I look at the fitness section and see all these girls' blogs that have been pinned on there, and all their successes. I think, "Look at them! How amazing! I can totally do that!" OR, "Dang, look at that outfit. How cute would that be if I was skinny and could actually wear that?" I have a ton of outfits "pinned" so when the day comes that I am at or near my goal weight, I can go on a shopping spree! So now that I am in a quite inspiring mood, I am going to take it and run. Literally. I plan on doing a 5k with the Hubbs and our cousins. I just figure that when I was younger, I didn't have a problem staying skinny as long as I was involved in sports, and staying active. I really dislike working out, but it's only because I am SO out of shape. Being in shape actually helps that ya know. Working out can actually be enjoyable, if you don't feel like you are going to die if you run more than 5 yards haha.

So tomorrow when I get off work, I am going straight to the gym and get my work out on. I'm also going to weigh myself of a reliable scale and take my measurements. I feel a little embarrassed putting it on here, but I feel that I will achieve the best results if I am held accountable for everything. I also want to post some pictures. This actually makes me want to vomit, haha. There is nothing like showing your big old fat mug on the internet right? But like I said, I want to be able to see my progress and document everything that I do, so that when I get to my goal, I can look back at all that I have accomplished, and maybe inspire someone to take the journey.

But it looks like I should be hitting the sack. I need to at least try and get some sleep before my big day!

WISH ME LUCK

I am going to do this. And I'm not even kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment